Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

You'll never believe who was on my plane from Glasgow to Chicago today? Go on, guess? Go on. Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on. Give up?

Only George Wendt who played Norm in 'Cheers', the greatest tv comedy of all time. When I saw him sitting sweating and out of breath in first class, I had to physically restrain myself from shouting "NORM!" at the top of my masculine Scottish voice, realising just in time that he probably hears that 100 times a day.

Then I couldn't remember if his surname is pronounced 'Went' or 'Vent' so I got too self conscious to tell him I'm a big fan. Poor guy though, his face looked grey and ashen (can it be both?) and he looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. If I read tomorrow that he's passed away peacefully in his sleep I'm gonna physically kick myself.

Oh and apparently there's some kind of troublesome weather front heading towards me here in Texas. I really must read the newspaper I write for now and again.

1 Comments:

At 22/9/05 6:50 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Neil,

REALLY BIG 'plane then?

Cheers!

DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home