Friday, July 25, 2008

...... hello?......

...... is there somebo.. oh hi there! You haven’t been hanging around this whole time waiting for me to get back to you with news of what beard I’m gonna grow, have you? God, I’m really sorry. I’ve hardly been home recently and in about an hour’s time I’m off again, driving down south (to England, NOT Bathgate) to visit family. Obviously, I’ve re-mortgaged the house to buy the necessary diesel for the 800-mile round trip so here’s hoping that’ll be enough to get me back next week.

How are you anyway? Enjoying this pleasant summer weather? Pottering about in the gard… oh… you’d rather I stopped faffing about and just got on with it since there are literally tens of people waiting with bated breath for the outcome of the beard survey? Fair enough.

Well… it’s been a tough decision and I’ve valued all the suggestions that were put forward, especially those that showed a creative mix-and-match flair (Tommy, DC) but in the end I called up my cousin who has experience in these matters. Strangely, he didn’t seem to know who I was and mumbled something like “get off this f#cking line ‘cause I’m right in the middle of the longest goddam day of my life” and then there was some kind of explosion in the background and he just hung up. Rather rude I thought.

But no matter, time is short so here's my cousin modelling the look I’m now grooming for the rest of 2008… “ALL FOR ONE, etc...”

2 Comments:

At 25/7/08 11:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be before he started earnig 24 hours and got himself a decent haircut!

Hope you had a good weekend with the rest of your family.

 
At 4/8/08 4:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think pictorial documentation of the stages to get to final product should be randomly sprinkled in with your other musings...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home