Thursday, February 03, 2005

Tartan Shorts 3

Film of the week: “A Very Long Engagement” Once I’d regained consciousness from the shock of discovering that a French film, a French language film, was being shown in America, I hurried along to see this latest effort from the makers of “Amelie”. If you liked that, you’ll love this. Fascinating story, wonderfully told.

Website of the week: The always discerning and endlessly entertaining universe of Tacky Worldwide Inc. at http://www.tackyprod.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

TV plot teaser of the week: Ladies, have your spare underwear handy when I tell you that Jimmy Smits now appears in “The West Wing”!

Curious State law of the week: In Alaska, while it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.

Child quote of the week: “I got da rolly on my arm and I'm pouring Chandon and I roll da best weed cause I got it goin’ on.”
(Kyle, in the car, singing along effortlessly to the current, charming Snoop Dogg foot-tapper “Drop it like it’s hot.”)

1 Comments:

At 4/2/05 6:49 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Soaps,

Good to see you've updated your favourite music profile- is this an attempt to get some street-cred?Perhaps you could teach Kyle some classic AHB lyrics- perhaps even a quiz?
- I'm a stallion of the highway, an angel of mercy from the fires of hell.
- I go from east to west to find a treasure chest.
- Don't leave me Iris, please don't leave me Iris.
- Come and see my pistol, it can shoot as far as Bristol.

Apologies to Big Al if I've misquoted, word on the street is that he & George have reformed- but I don't think they should call themselves AHB- that's like The Police without Sting, or Queen without Freddie Mercury.

Bye for now,

DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home