Friday, October 28, 2005

Hayle Two Tha Cheef

I was going to post yet another little Scotrail story that I read about yesterday but the anonymous contributor to the previous post beat me to it. If you missed it, it was about yet another railway station announcer, in Glasgow this time, who apologised for the late running of a train “because a passenger was inconsiderate enough to have a heart attack.” How did THAT model employee make it past the crack team of recruiters in HR I wonder?

So I won’t be posting that story. Instead, let me direct your attention to this classic little George Bush video clip which was sent to me by a very special secret source deep in the heart of Texas. Enjoy y’all.

3 Comments:

At 28/10/05 2:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet George Bush didn't have a
Friday like me..
After accidentally breaking my glasses, a quick visit to the optician left me over £100 worse off.Had a wait for over an hour talking to a very unfriendly geriatric with her hearing aid on complaining "thing's are no the same hen as they used to be"

Then after handing over my car to be mot'd was told "ye'll need 2 tyres for starters"

A few hrs later and much money gone from my purse after brake pads etc, mot certificate the BIG ISSUE SELLER gave me a hard time.
"Help me oot on a Friday, ya miserable wimim"

Roll on Friday nite..

 
At 28/10/05 7:20 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Soaps,

Now that's what I call politics !!

I think our politicical leaders could do worse than paying heid(?) to the following :

" Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world , Elwood, you must be," she always called me Elwood, " In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well for years I was smart , I recommend pleasant. And you may quote me." ( Elwood P. Dowd )

An alternative take would be:

" People are people , so why should it be, that you and I get along so awfully"( Depeche Mode 1980 something) - and some say Bob Dylan is a poet!!

Right I'm off - going to watch one of my favourite films - get a beer, some crisps, more beer etc.

Ta, ta,

Dc

 
At 28/10/05 11:42 pm, Blogger Neil said...

DC

What colour is the sky in your world?

N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home