Friday, October 07, 2005

Spammers GTF

Funny thing – when I was young, I loved spam; tasty meat-like substance straight from a can. You didn’t even need cutlery ‘cause you could tear off a chunk and just chew.

But those were innocent childhood days when rationing was a fun game to play with coupons and we spent many a happy night sheltering in underground stations while Fritz and his bombers tried to lay waste to Glasgow and democracy above us. And when the dust settled and the sun came up we’d emerge and play among the ruins with a hoop and a stick or try and sell fake silk stockings to American pilots.

Now I hate f#cking spam and the spammin’ spammers who propagate it, trying to lay waste to democracy and decent minded peoples everywhere.

So if you’re one of those kind and discerning individuals who occasionally leave a comment or two here, there’s a little extra word recognition typing exercise for you to master before you publish your wise words. Apparently it keeps the spammers at bay (I read about it somewhere) so apologies for the inconvenience and don’t let it put you off. Together, we’ll be liberating Paris by the Spring.

4 Comments:

At 10/10/05 10:11 am, Blogger Gunnella said...

No prob, just added it myself to avoid having to constantly check my comments for spam and delete :-( ... At least they´re not the type advertising adult firends, or my absolute favorite "Gunnella, surprice your friends, get a pennis enlargement" yup that would definitely surprice my friends allright ;-)

 
At 12/10/05 2:53 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Neil, This has just about put me off commenting( this possibly being the intention),however I wont let anything techy beat me without tears, tantrums & cold sweats.

DC

 
At 12/10/05 2:56 pm, Blogger Donald said...

ps

Isn't "Spammers" an arty film showing at the GFT?

DC

 
At 14/10/05 1:05 am, Blogger Just Me said...

i think i'm the only person that has to type in these word verification bastards 5 times before i get them right

 

Post a Comment

<< Home