Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Significant Events Indeed

As a post script to yesterday, let me first say that I wasn’t in any way expecting November 1st 2005 to deliver an episode that came even close to matching the momentous ones that have occurred on this date in previous years. But I was wrong. DEAD wrong.

Tonight… on the way home from work… I… I… (I can barely see the keyboard to type at the moment through the tears of joy streaming down my face) I… got a seat on the train. A SEAT I tell ya! And not the crappy fold-down one by the door either.

It was a magnificent throne of a seat which came complete with a handy table on which I could effortlessly rest my newspaper AND my jaw which, by this time, was aghast in shock. I never knew travel could be like this, cruising to my destination in sweet, ass-cushioned comfort. Oh happy day. Thank you Lord for continuing to reveal life’s bountiful pleasures.

6 Comments:

At 2/11/05 8:28 am, Blogger Donald said...

Neil,

What time was the train ? Surely not during peak hours?

Did you threaten/hit anyone to get the seat?

DC

 
At 2/11/05 9:37 pm, Blogger Just Me said...

will you tell your lord over there to reveal some bountiful pleasures for me please?!?!?

 
At 3/11/05 12:58 am, Blogger Neil said...

DC - The train WAS at peak time and I didn't resort to violence. The crowd just parted, red sea-like, and the seat was illuminated by a heavenly beam of light.

Wendi - I will pass on your request but I don't promise a definitive answer. Usually I just get the stock "I move in mysterious ways dude" response.

 
At 3/11/05 2:48 am, Blogger Green Glass Beads said...

Neily, I am delighted for you. I knew the day would come! I am so proud of you!
Tip:I find that if you sit on someone´s knee they usually let you sit down.

 
At 5/11/05 10:43 pm, Blogger Green Glass Beads said...

Carpet dude is most certainly not a ghostbuster! He is an entirely different class of weirdo! He can´t even sing the theme tune you see...I think

 
At 11/11/05 5:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone think you were pregnant? That's the only reason I got a seat on the train this week.

R x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home