Friday, March 16, 2007

Something For The Weekend 10

Dave,

I’m a bit hungover today. Or still p#shed? Can’t decide which. So here are four short and sweet things you could be doing/looking forward to this weekend.

1. Next Tuesday evening (I think) on BBC Radio Scotland, there’s a special interview with football legend Henrik Larsson. It’s supposed to be very good. How could it not be?

2. Remember the Finn Cousins? Well one half of the renowned duo (aye, him on the right there – Findlay Finn by day, Leon The Hitman by night) thinks he’s too good for collective glory and is branching out on his own. The selfish wee sh#t has just uploaded a new song to his own myspage page and you can listen to it if you click on these red lines that are underlined. I’d disparage it some more if it wasn’t so darned catchy.

3. Remember all that selfless work I do for charidee that I don’t like to talk about? Well f#ck it – I’m now a published author; me and 99 other people, in a new book called “Shaggy Blog Stories” so this is me talking about it. This book has been compiled and published in a mere seven days by a clever and resourceful guy called Mike Atkinson and the profits (minus my 25%) are going to the Comic Relief Red Nose Charity Fund Thingy.

You can order the book NOW – although not quite in time for Mother’s Day – at the link below. Go on… you know you want to.

www.shaggyblogstories.co.uk

And I will be hosting my first public signing at my house anytime you care to pop round with your copy. American readers can track me down at Guero’s, 1412 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX, 78704 – March 28th through April 2nd. I’ll be the Dangerous Rock God Dude (thanks Peggy) in the corner wearing the denim jacket and dog tags sipping tequila.

4. And finally… I lied about there being four things.

13 Comments:

At 16/3/07 2:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"sipping" tequila! Dangerous only in small doses?

 
At 16/3/07 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sooooooo going to be in austin that weekend...i mean if you can come all the way here from scotland i can drive a couple hours right?!

 
At 16/3/07 3:42 pm, Blogger Peggy said...

Congratulations on becoming a published author. Are you going to tell us what you submitted?

 
At 16/3/07 5:43 pm, Blogger Helena said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 16/3/07 5:49 pm, Blogger Helena said...

So you're taking 25% of the book's profit are you? I'll expect a quarter of the book in your blogs then!!

Oh, Neil. Fifty-percent Finn does write a good tune. Never mind - I'll be adding a few acoustic songs of my own to myspace next Sunday - that'll cheer you up!

When are you going to do the same? You joined last October did you not?

 
At 17/3/07 12:18 am, Blogger Neil said...

Michele - But it's my 13th? I slammed the first 12. Honest.

Wendi - Right!

Peggy - If I tell you what I submitted will you still buy the book?

Lena - Are you commenting twice to compensate for not being able to post? Aye, Findlay's a talented wee so 'n so. And you're right, I really must do something with my myspace thing.

 
At 17/3/07 7:15 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Well done that man!

A film actor,( still haven't seen "Boaby " for sale at a reasonable price), journalist & now a published author . Is there no beginning to your talents?

 
At 17/3/07 7:18 pm, Blogger Donald said...

..... sipping tequila, aye right!

Surely you'll be able to Mailbu & Pineapple in Austin.

DC

 
At 18/3/07 4:58 am, Blogger Helena said...

Neil - Blogger is playing lousybastarditis with me. I've just realised I can't always post because the icons above the window (eg. add image, text choice ect) often disappear when trying to creating a post. Basically, when they appear, only then, can I publish.

Mind you, it took me a while to work out what that little envelope at the end of posts meant - DOH!
Any help from clever friends would be gratefully accepted since the Blogger team are in no hurry to get back to me.

 
At 19/3/07 12:46 am, Blogger Neil said...

Donald - Try Morrisons. I picked up a copy of 'Boaby' there a couple of weeks ago for $5 or so.

Lena - I know you wrote that last bit in English but it flew way over my techno-free head. Sorry.

 
At 19/3/07 2:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DC: you and the daughter/s - hilarious!

 
At 19/3/07 5:01 am, Blogger Mo said...

Surely that's not Findlay Finn in the photo. To my eyes that's Gerry Rafferty! Granted he has obviously lost a bit of weight, had some work done to his face and dyed the grey outta his beard. But it sure looks like a young Gerry. What a way for the great man to relaunch himself.... disguised as a Finn brother. Hopefully he hasn't had Findlay bumped off to pursue a new Stars in Their Eyes career. Nah, surely he will team up with the brothers and release "Stuck In The Middle With The Finns".

 
At 19/3/07 9:48 am, Blogger Donald said...

mhjexfuqMichelle, thanks. Anything good is mine , the rubbish stuff is the daughter/s. I'm advised by my sources that " Neil's a total secret stoner, eh Dad?"

Good news on The FF/ Gerry Rafferty front- I thought Gerry had snuffed it a few years ago , but no-one seems to have told him.

Neil, giesa shot - perhaps we could have a boy's night supping tequila, M&P's &, what the heck some beers,whilst watching "Boaby". Once we get bored we could then watch a real man's film like Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, Goodfellas or It's a Wonderful Life.

DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home