Sunday, June 12, 2005

All I Need Now Is A Pipe

You know you’re slipping inexorably towards the back end of a life full of uncontrollable drooling and incontinence pants when you find yourself writing “Buy New Slippers” on your weekly to-do list.

These prized possessions, which I think cost me £2 from the impulse buy bins at the checkouts at Ikea of all places, have long since parted company with the little silver stars that were once sewn poorly on the fronts. They’ve also long since parted company with their soles and most of the rest of the key stitching threads which pile up daily in the carpets around the house.

They’ve been good companions though, loyal through the heady, carefree days of wild abandon as well as the darker months when they didn’t smell so good. I’m loathed to throw them out and would post them on Ebay in an instant if I wasn’t so afraid that they might end up on the wrong feet. So I think I’ll put them in the freezer till world technology advances enough for me to breathe (not literally) new life into them again. Adieu for now old friends.


3 Comments:

At 13/6/05 10:03 am, Blogger Neil said...

Believe me, if they made them my size I would wear them.

 
At 22/6/05 1:51 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Soaps,

Did you use a " body part actor" or is that really your own well defined leg/toe ?

DC

 
At 9/8/05 8:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dint think that was wot dey maid dijitil cameraz fur.Shockin´.Yer a slipper abuser fur shoowar.
Tis 10 pee em in BArce and i is luckin forword to havin a pint at twelve.I may even resume me blog. I´ll letcha no.xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home