Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Coincidence?

Here’s a story that was smack bang on the same page right beside my article in the Daily Record yesterday. I make no comment or judgment about it – just thought it was kind of interesting / poignant / coincidental / something or other / ish.

£1.4bn of prezzies
British parents are gearing up to spend £1.4 billion on presents for their kids this Christmas. Mums and dads will shell out an average of £119.78 on each child’s gifts, a survey says. But their generosity doesn’t end there – adults will splash out another £16 on gifts for every child they know.

DVDs and videos will be this year’s top presents for kids, closely followed by books, clothes, computer games and board games. A spokesman for Churchill Home Insurance, who carried out the survey, said: “The massive amount parents are spending overall is surprising.”

Despite what I said yesterday, there’re times when I hope the definition of “kids” stretches to 42-year olds and under. Oh and I really DO need new socks.

3 Comments:

At 8/11/05 10:19 pm, Blogger Donald said...

crroacaNeil,

Don't worry- you need to grow up to stop being a kid.Have you seen
the new light sabre - it's really cool !!!!

DC

 
At 8/11/05 10:28 pm, Blogger Neil said...

No, I haven't seen it but I got funny looks from a woman in Woolworths the other day when I spent an inordinate amount of time pushing all the demo sounds buttons on the R2D2 and Darth Vader phones. Do you think she thought I was a geek?

 
At 8/11/05 10:31 pm, Blogger Just Me said...

i wonder how the $1600 camera i'm going to buy myself for thanksgiving fits into all of these stats?!!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home