Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas

I got slightly chastised by someone in America earlier this week for wishing them “Happy Holidays”.

“Are you some kind of gutless, kowtowin’, politically-correct, commie-lovin’, whale-savin’, carpet-munchin’, Mitsubishi-drivin’, pinko liberal type?” she seemed to be implying as I read between the lines and ignored the vivid image of her spitting tobacco and reloading her shotgun.

“Not really,” I replied, after contacting my lawyer about restraining orders. “I drive a Toyota.”

So just in case there’s any trouble, I’m off to the seclusion of the Borders for a week to meet up with my family in a secret Witness Protection Programme-owned property, fifteen miles west of Langholm, just off the B907, near the Bentpath cemetery.

I shall, of course, return briefly on Wednesday to play the FINN COUSINS GIG IN FALKIRK so hope to see you there if you can make it. If not, be sure and have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. Y’all.

7 Comments:

At 22/12/06 1:06 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Neil,

Iwas just wondering if you've had any early Christmas presents?

DC

 
At 22/12/06 9:50 pm, Blogger Betty said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you, too, Neil. Come back with lots of stories about your visit.

 
At 25/12/06 7:33 pm, Blogger Kell said...

Merry Christmas, Neil.

 
At 25/12/06 9:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1092060433012

just stuck this on Lesley's blog

I enjoyed your Italian sortie

La bise
and look forward to reading about your Christmas stocking etc
je bois à ta santé! with a nice little vin du Gers

 
At 25/12/06 10:58 pm, Blogger Peggy said...

I disapprove of anybody giving you a hard time about that sort of stuff.

Merry Christmas AND Happy Holidays!

 
At 3/1/07 7:51 pm, Blogger Just Me said...

then i guess you should have been HERE, eh?

here's to me making better choices in 2007...

 
At 5/1/07 5:01 pm, Blogger Helena said...

Sorry. I never made it after all, Neil. Sadly the family and festivities scuppered my chances but I did try. A repeat performance perhaps?

Hope you had a Happy New Year anyhow. See you virtually soon?

Lena
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home