Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bits & Pieces...

…remember THAT quiz from the Radio 1 roadshow? Peter “Hello Mate” Powell live from Weston-Super-Sands-Under-Yarmouth, or some such place? Man, I would’ve killed on that quiz. But I digress…

I had something really, REALLY funny to tell you today but I can’t, for the life of me, remember what it was. I seem to have started a lot of things this week but for some reason or other I’ve had trouble finishi…

So are you enjoying the re-runs of ‘This Life’ on BBC2? How hot is Anna? How addictive is ‘Lost’? D’ya wanna know what happens later in season 3? How hot is that new chick that fancies Jack? How good were Take That on ITV on Saturday night? Robbie who? How hot was Gar... eh... never mind. And how FANTASTIC is ‘Planet Earth’? And when is 'ER' coming back? Do you think I’m watching too much television? Are you getting annoyed by all these questions? Does a Pope sh#t in the Vatican?

Okay, some bullet points instead…

1. If I had a microphone/headset thingy for this computer I’d do what Lesley did last week and let you hear my voice. Podcasting Millionaire has now squeezed itself into my top five list of ideal occupations.

2. Current favourite listening is ‘Built To Last’ by Scottish band the Endrick Brothers which I managed to ‘download’ (is that the correct terminology?) free through some Beanscene promotion. Not a wide choice of up to date, ‘popular’ tunes but you can still find some gems there so definitely worth it for the 50 free songs. Now how do I copy them on to black vinyl?

3. If you’re struggling to think of a Christmas gift for me I will DEFINITELY be happy with this. And yes, I’m aware of the relentless, ruthless, globalisation, domination argument blah blah blah but f#ck it, the products are tasty.

4. Unexpected news of the week is that I have to go to Milan (that’s in Italy) for a couple of days next week (although apparently, I’m not allowed to tell you why at the moment) but if you’re speculating that perhaps the Champions League line-ups may have a new face when the knockout stages begin in the new year, then that would certainly be one explanation.

5. And finally… according to the counter thingy on Blogger, this is the 299th post to this website. The 300th one is gonna be a cracker so come back on Monday to readallaboutit.

6 Comments:

At 6/12/06 5:32 pm, Blogger Peggy said...

Milan? Is it fashion week there already? You'll let us know all about the ready-to-wear stuff first before anybody else, right? I'm dying to find out what Armani is doing next.

 
At 6/12/06 5:40 pm, Blogger Kell said...

I gave my friends Starbucks cards last year for Christmas and you'd I have thought I'd given them winning lottery tickets. Some people are very easy to please--I like that in a person.

 
At 6/12/06 9:06 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Milan ....Milan?Did I read that right Neil?

High fashion & fancy wee supermoccafrappucinos, Batman!

"I'm too sexy for my ( super -sized)shirt... "

DC

 
At 6/12/06 9:49 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Milan! I didn't know you were an opera singer. La Scala will never be the same - or am I thinking of some other town??

 
At 9/12/06 7:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'I have to go to Milan for a couple of days next week'

The above sentence is the ultimate in snobism, I love it.
You have won my heart for the second time, Neil (after golf).

I wasn't actually struggling for your Christmas gift and can't even open the link ... however I'm still planning on a Henry Longhurst book sooner or later.

Your list of fans in Bordeaux is growing fast, well, me and Lesley so far ...

 
At 9/12/06 7:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, snobbism

 

Post a Comment

<< Home