Tuesday, October 14, 2008

That's My Wee Brother, That Is

Just a quick “shout out” (is that still a commonly used phrase? or is “big up” something that would get me more “down” with the kids? or should I just shut the f#ck up and go back to my pipe and slippers?) to my wee-est of wee brothers Keithy who successfully completed the Chicago Marathon on Sunday. I am very proud.

Keithy – 4:45 is a decent effort bro but I have to tell you that when I visited the Windy City in ’03, I had no trouble managing 6 and a half… and being Chicago, they were deep dish ones too! Ask Brian. I know you told me the 87 degree temperatures were a tad too hot on the day but honestly, you really need your oven fired up to about 200 minimum to produce a quality pizza experience. Maybe next year, eh?

Seriously, I know you’ve raised over five grand for a very worthy autism charity but if you can put off paying the do-gooders for a while, you could probably snap up a couple of banks over here with that and still have change for beers. Worth thinking about.

Anyway, have some relaxing time off and then get the sticks out. The preparations for Team Edge 2010 start right here

4 Comments:

At 14/10/08 8:09 pm, Blogger Donald said...

Well done Keefo .... further inspiration for oldest brother...

DC

 
At 14/10/08 10:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I schlep my arse all the way to The Mother Country for this gig, you have got to put the feckin trainers on and run with me

or I won't do Princess Leia for you ... (or Sarah Palin)

 
At 15/10/08 6:07 am, Blogger Duey said...

mmmmmm Pizza.

 
At 21/10/08 1:42 pm, Blogger Helena said...

Well done Keith! I probably manage to run that distance in a year (and that fast if the ice-cream van takes off). Keep up the good and knackering work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home