Friday, September 19, 2008

Something For The Weekend 43

Dear Dave,

As you well know, the only thing of any note happening this weekend that’s likely to distract our attention from the fact that our jobs are hanging by the thinnest of thin threads due to the financial markets going through something of an “adjustment” (©G Bush) is the 37th playing of The Ryder Cup. With any luck, by Sunday evening I’ll still be wearing my pyjamas (discarding them during the three days for only the most important of important “diversions”) and my living room will be a sea of pizza boxes and empty green Stella bottles as I celebrate yet another European victory over the Americans.

I don’t think I’m understating things when I say that the Americans really do deserve a beating this year. My keen analytic brain developed over a quarter of a century working in the financial world has worked out that they are squarely to blame for all this money mess after allowing some couple called Fannie and Freddie to run amok across the country, robbing banks wherever they went before making good their escape in beat-up old jalopies whilst wearing 1920s garb. Markets, financial, pulse, finger, me, what?

Anyway, my predictions for the next three days are as follows:

1. Europe will win 16-12.
2. Europe will win at least one of the sessions over the first two days by a whitewash. Or as it’s more commonly known these days, an “Edgewash”.
3. I will have a very happy weekend.

So buckle up Dave, it’s gonna be one hell of a ride. And no offence mate but…

9 Comments:

At 19/9/08 8:14 am, Blogger DJ Kirkby said...

Hello...I came here sort of widget by proxy...erm...someone from the black box widget gang visted me, I returned the compliment, saw your comment and had to come say hello. Lol to your occupation in your profile, you are a funny man...if you want to come visit one of mine I sugest you start with Chez Aspie as it is the most 'mainstream'.

 
At 19/9/08 8:14 am, Blogger DJ Kirkby said...

Oh darn, I meant to say that 'Something for the weekend' is a huge campaign over here, for condoms!

 
At 19/9/08 8:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got your new guitar, FTB, the 2 of you set off into the sunset for Neil Writes The World, the sequel.
xxxx x

 
At 21/9/08 6:23 am, Blogger Duey said...

How's the pizza tasting?

 
At 21/9/08 8:57 am, Blogger Neil said...

DJ - Thanks for dropping by. I will come visit once I've cleaned up the izza boxes and beer bottles.

Anon - Wandering minstrel plans already afoot... watch this space.

Brian - Two words... F#CKING AWESOME!

 
At 22/9/08 3:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait...so tell me who won? ;-)~

 
At 22/9/08 3:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^twas me

 
At 24/9/08 4:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edgewash? Can that be colour matched at the Dulux Mixing Station and how would I go about getting a sample?

 
At 24/9/08 5:32 pm, Blogger Neil said...

Wendi - the USA won. For a change. But deservedly.

Anon - I have plenty of samples "on tap" if you give me a call / text.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home