Monday, November 03, 2008

Some Dates For Your Diary

1. Friday November 14th:  The Signals – along with other bands and musical entertainment – will be playing live at the North Broomage Social Club in Larbert (near Falkirk) as part of a charity gig in aid of the CLIC Sargent charity which cares for children with cancer. Tickets cost £5.00 and are extremely sought-after because of a limit on audience capacity so if you’d like to contribute to a very worthy cause – as well as witnessing a mad scramble to see who can snog the handsomest drummer in the world – let me know and I’ll get it sorted for you. The ticket that is, not the snog… although for another tenner…

 

2. Tuesday November 3rd:  Election day in America. Loving all the coverage at the moment. If you want to know the result, watch season seven of ‘The West Wing’. Spooky.

 

3. Week commencing Monday December 8th:  Expect the result of the US Presidential election to be announced sometime this week…

 

4. Monday November 3rd:  Today I quit smoking. Don’t expect to be very communicative in the coming weeks. Short sentences will be the norm. Or just grunts. Because the patches go over my mouth, right? Need something else to do with my hands. And mouth. Ladies… ideas?

2 Comments:

At 3/11/08 3:31 pm, Blogger Helena said...

Well Done on quitting smoking, Neil!

My sister in law was a 40 a dayer, but managed after 30 years with the help of them patches thingies to give up. Were you a smoker since school days? Bet that Pivvy has a lot to answer for! I do wish you well. I know you can do it.

My only suggestion is to keep the guitar handy to occupy your roving fingers - if you ever feel tempted. Make sure all your workmates know. And tell the newsagent ect, that you're not 18 yet and not to sell you any! Easy as that! If all else fails, try Hubbabubba.

 
At 3/11/08 5:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could think of a few ! and I am sincerely sorry that I smoked your last lucky fag xxxx x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home