Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Happy Birthday Rona & Keith

Today is the 37th birthday of my little sister Rona and my little brother Keith. They’re twins, believe it or not, and as you can see from the photographs they sure do grow up fast. I was four and a half years old when my folks brought them home from the hospital and I can still remember that day like it was yesterday.

As they came through the front door I rushed into the hallway in excitement and greeted them with some tender and touching brotherly words. “Two? TWO? Whadya mean there’s feckin’ TWO of them? That wasn’t the deal. Take one back. NOW! No, I don’t care which one just DO IT. What was that? Pizza for dinner? Okay, they can stay then.”

They’ve grown up a lot since then of course (well, Rona has) and I’ve groomed them in the ways of the world and sent them forth to reap success wherever they may find it. It’s a long time since they both lived in Scotland but they still love to come home for the holidays and never tire of asking me to tell them the exciting stories of my life and all the magnificent achievements I’ve managed to… achieve.

“You’re such a cool brother to have,” they chirp excitedly in unison in that cute twins way of theirs. “We’re so glad you’re the oldest and the No.1 child in the family.” Shucks, bless ‘em.

Anyway, these are my favourite photographs of them both and I took them everywhere with me when I was traveling round the world a while back. On the lonelier nights, I’d sit and look at this bottom one and imagine the conversation they were having at the time. I can’t say for certain but I’m pretty sure it would’ve been in the ballpark of…



Keith: “Tee hee hee. I’ve wet my pants again.”


Rona: “Arse!”



5 Comments:

At 7/12/05 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks Neil. You're a great number 1 brother. And the Joey pants are excellent. I'm wearing them now. Thank you very much.

Love Rona xxx

 
At 7/12/05 6:39 pm, Blogger Just Me said...

i have a feeling they had some other choice words for you when you were growing up as well@

 
At 7/12/05 9:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now can we also see snaps of number 1 brother in all his glory?

 
At 7/12/05 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Neil

What I really said to Rona was:
"Fancy a cheeky pint before going home to humour Neil again?"

Thanks for the blog
Love

Keith

 
At 8/12/05 11:15 pm, Blogger Neil said...

'...number 1 brother in all his glory' If you're who I think you are then I thought we had an agreement about the (alleged) photographs? If you're not, then forget I said anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home