Monday, May 14, 2007

Missing...

I had this hilarious thing I was going to do that involved not writing anything here for a while. Then I was going to ask you if you’d visited in the intervening time and wondered whether I’d been knocked down by a bus. The idea was prompted by an exercise I carried out recently helping Gordon go through some of the Scottish Blogs sites to identify any which seemed obsolete. It was quite surreal reviewing some that had just stopped abruptly for no reason, without explanation, a bit like the Marie Celeste with the stove on cooking food, the table set for a meal but no-one to be found anywhere.

But all of that seems utterly trivial and pointless just now while a wee girl called Madeleine is still missing in Portugal; gone without reason or explanation. If I had the same level of technical knowledge as Lesley (and I know exactly how no.12 feels Lesley), I’d embed Madeleine’s photo in this blog. But I don’t, so instead you can find all the important information by clicking on these pink words that are underlined.

3 Comments:

At 14/5/07 10:19 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Terrible. Unfortunately, there are too many abductions in this country, too. Also unfortunately, all too often, the children are either never found or they are not found alive. Tragic.

 
At 15/5/07 6:32 am, Blogger Peggy said...

As time goes on, I fear that the pretty little girl may never get home. It makes me sad.

I WAS wondering what had happened to you when you didn't write anything for Dave on Friday. I thought perhaps you were trapped under something heavy. I'm glad you're okay.

 
At 15/5/07 9:13 am, Blogger Lesley said...

It puts all of our silliness into perspective, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home