Friday, May 18, 2007

Something For The Weekend 18

Dear Dave,

Apologies first of all for not supplying you with your regular fix of culture last week. I’ve been a bit distracted lately with one thing and another and I figured that since we were meeting in the pub on Friday I could give you my report on how disappointing Spiderman 3 was first hand. But alas, you’d already been to see it with your “girlfriend” and had formed your own similar opinion. Was that why you were looking a wee bit down? Or was it because you’d just been beaten (up?) by a couple of talented women on the golf course during the company’s annual Gents v Ladies match? Sh#t, was I not supposed to mention that?

Anyway, if you’re looking to meet some new friends this weekend, there’s a gathering of interesting people who write blogs taking place at the Jolly Judge pub in Edinburgh on Saturday from 2pm onwards. You can find more details here. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it but I’m sure they’ll welcome you with open arms and wallets as long as you don’t do your hissy-fit-arms-folded-scowl thing when someone uses a big word you don’t understand. And remember and wear your drinking boots ‘cause these people can partay dude.

Cheers, Edge

2 Comments:

At 18/5/07 5:00 am, Blogger Peggy said...

You're not coming? Nuts!

I hope you reconsider.

 
At 19/5/07 10:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem dude. I'll be watching the footie today. Still reading the blog despite work blocking access to it! Played golf yesterday at Craigmiller with my dad. Excellent. Managed to avoid the rain as well. And managed to win for the first time in years. Went some way to making me feel better after getting gubbed by the ladies the previous week. Hope you are working your way through the 33 cd's from Blousie. Since then I have purchased much more obscure music which I'm sure will be passed on to you.

And yeah, Spidey 3 was poor! Fantastic 4 looks good though. Are you still taking me to see The Simpson's when it's out?

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home