Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just A Bit Off The Sides?

My next door neighbours have a hedge in their back garden which separates our two properties and for a while now (i.e. ever since I moved here seven years ago) I’ve been thinking that I really should tidy up my side of it. As you can see from the ‘before’ photo below, it was getting a bit out of hand and more importantly, it was obstructing my view into the bedrooms of the house diagonally opposite. (By the way, check out the size of my power tool lying on the sheet ready for action.)


So yesterday I finally took matters into my own hands by keeping a firm grip on my power tool at all times and launching into some advanced hedge sculpting, or topiary as we say in the horticultural game. I realised quite quickly that attempting a twenty foot-wide recreation of the Millennium Falcon was a little out of my reach so I settled for a short back and sides instead.

As you can see from the ‘after’ photo below, it’s a big improvement on what was there before (THREE windows in view now) although I wasn’t able to reach the highest bits on my neighbours’ side of the fence. When I rang their doorbell and spoke to the nice lady who answered, she was appreciative of my offer but informed me that her husband would be trimming her bush at the weekend thank you very much. Aw c’mon, gimme a break - it was such an obvious joke.


If you have a bush that needs trimmed by my large power tool, send your FULL details to “Top International Topiary Solutions” at neil@neilwritestheworld.com

2 Comments:

At 11/10/06 9:39 pm, Blogger Betty said...

That's a fine job of hedge trimming. I'm enjoying your blog, by the way. I only found it this week.

 
At 12/10/06 8:07 pm, Blogger Helena said...

See what a little power tool can do when you're in control of it? I'd get the old binoculars out and have a good look about the neighbourhood now......ah, not that I do that sort of thing, of course!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home