Sunday, February 11, 2007

Old Is The New New

For three very good reasons, I don’t think I’m going to have much time this week to write anything new for this site.

1. I’m going to be very busy at work (jeez… I can’t believe I just typed that!) and they don’t seem to have any official Afternoon Nap Policy in place yet to assist with my constant exhaustion.

2. Following their performance at the Grammys tonight, I am far too excited at the prospect of an announcement about reunion tour dates for The Police so any spare time I have will be taken up listening to this album.

3. I can’t think of anything to write.

However, if you’re looking for something new (old?) to read, I’m going to post some stuff on the other blog I was waffling on about last Wednesday. It’s called http://neilwritestheworld.blogspot.com and it will eventually house all the rambling emails I sent back to friends and family during my round the world travels in 2003 and 2004. I’ve posted a few already and I’ll try to put the remainder on during the next week or so.

Please feel free to take absolutely no notice whatsoever of the rubbish writing styles on offer there including (but not restricted to) a voracious addiction for starting sentences with verbs together with some right bad examples of not very good grammar indeed.

With luck, I’ll be back on Friday with the regular cultural recommendation for my pal Dave so until then, have a good week. And now, if you’ll excuse me…

ROOOOOOOOOXANNE… YOU DON’T HAVE TO PUT ON THE RED LIGHT…

3 Comments:

At 12/2/07 7:44 pm, Blogger Lesley said...

"THOSE DAYS ARE OVER..." Wait a minute, no they're not. If The Police can get back together that means that I can be sixteen again.

 
At 12/2/07 8:15 pm, Blogger Neil said...

... which, in turn, means I must be 14? I'm having Angel Delight tonight to celebrate. Butterscotch flavour, woo hoo!

 
At 13/2/07 4:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone think AH-HA has a chance for a reunion...I'd love to hear all one of their songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home