Friday, October 26, 2007

Ladies, Form An Orderly Queue

The ever-popular “Dear Dave” segment will return next week if I can finally stop wallowing in misery and find the energy to turn off the country and western music. Meantime, here’s a treat for all you ladies out there. (And for you Dave.)

By day he’s a mild-mannered construction / engineer / surveyor-type person; a veritable Isambard Kingdom Brunel for the modern age (he built that “squinty” bridge over the Clyde in Glasgow “with ma own f#cking haunds, singal-haundedly like”) with a rock-hard jaw line and, I’m sure you’ll agree, a very impressive helmet.

But by night he’s the drummer with “the greatest pub rock ‘n roll band ever”, The Signals, pounding out his own rhythm method with a level of stamina that defies logic and all rational explanation for a man of his age.

Ladies, I give you Ronald Douglas Grant… appearing in a Scottish beef advert on a television near you soon.

Outstanding.

(P.S. This is post no. 399 on this site so I’m going to try and put a bit of effort into the next one. If you’ve any thoughts as to what should be included in post no. 400, let me know.)

4 Comments:

At 26/10/07 11:31 am, Blogger Lesley said...

I'll bet he didn't get that tan in Scotland though - looks suspiciously continental to me.

 
At 26/10/07 4:41 pm, Blogger Kell said...

Not everyone can wear a hard hat and look that good. And doesn't he look ambitious for Scotland? Most impressive. Now let's see him behind the drums.

 
At 26/10/07 8:20 pm, Blogger Donald said...

" Don, that's f#ckin' nothin' - you should f#ckin' Google 'Dougie Grant' & then you'll find out more"

Good advice Doug. Anyone wishing to know why you can't have an expansion joint on a curve may wish to give it a try.

DC

 
At 4/11/07 2:41 pm, Blogger Helena said...

I'm still moist from his performance in July.......! He'd convert any female vegetarian over 18, I can tell you!

BTW, Neil.......where are my Signals CD's? I know there's been a postal strike, but the wait's getting ridiculous!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home