Thursday, August 10, 2006

Two Become One

NO! Not in THAT way! What kind of sick mind would think that?

Yours Dave?

What I mean is that my room mate Hamish has gone. And I am all alone again. His grandparents came home yesterday from riding the Rocky Mountaineer (settle down Dave, it’s a train, not a ‘hunk in uniform’) so this morning after our daily ritual of me throwing a ball in a field while he runs into a tree, I packed up Hamish’s things and drove him to his new home. Neither of us said much during the journey. I think we were both a bit choked.

As soon as I got back home I discovered that the photos I’d taken of him had finally arrived in my in-box. So I’ve posted them below.

Things I’ll miss about Hamish…

1. His extensive range of regional accents.

2. Mealtimes. His chicken korma was to die for.

3. His pacifist stance on the whole Middle East debacle.

4. He used to do this thing where he’d lie on his back and drag both front paws over his ears to the point where they would cover his eyes. He’d lie like that for ages so while he counted to 100, I hid in the garden shed.

5. If I went into another room and shut the door behind me (you know the room I’m talking about) he would sit outside and make a low moaning sound that sounded exactly like Chewbacca. “It’s all right Hamish,” I’d shout reassuringly. “I’m not being lowered agonisingly into the carbon freezer – just taking a dump. And thank you but I don’t need one of your bags to pick it up.”

6. The way he took an instant dislike to the window cleaner this morning. “Are you trying to tell me you charge my mate Neil four f#cking pounds for five minutes work?” he seemed to be saying through all the growling and excessive saliva distribution. Incidentally, he also growled at a young yob in a Rangers strip yesterday. Pure class.


Things I won’t miss about Hamish…

… nope, can’t think of any. Even the requirement to hoover the carpets daily was a novelty.

3 Comments:

At 11/8/06 1:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no neily..it's not really a noun...i just didn't want the real word on my blog silly

 
At 11/8/06 10:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You very possibly need a girl in your life Neil, maybe even a woman, maybe even a mature woman ....

but I do like the dog ....

 
At 13/8/06 10:17 pm, Blogger Helena said...

Aw! Is he gone already? I'll miss him too.

Methinks you SHOULD get yourself a dog in your life.....perhaps a little Hamishina - but only if her chicken korma is up to her predecessor's standards of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home