Friday, September 01, 2006

Life Is Sweet

When you’re unemployed, with few prospects for the future, and little things like monthly hygiene and cleanliness fall by the wayside, inevitably you look to your family for moral support and hard currency to get you through the endless hours of watching daytime television. Even the smallest of genuine gestures can raise your spirits and revitalise your lust for life, cementing the belief that you’re not just another brick in the wall or a cry in the dark.

So when I received an email from a valued family member yesterday – she’ll just get embarrassed if I name her – with suggestions to sharpen up my wardrobe, I don’t mind admitting I got a little choked and misty-eyed at all the love flowing from her prose. Thanks Kathie, I will cherish your thoughts always.

Click on these underlined words and YOU TOO can enhance your wardrobe.

Meantime, here are ten other things I did this week.

1. Went to see a very funny film called “Thank You For Smoking” and was dying for a fag when I came out… of the cinema… not the closet.

2. Wrote a 4,500 word report for the greatest website in the world which contained shocking language and will make absolutely no sense to anyone who wasn’t there.

3. Had a fierce debate about who was the foxiest chick (I’m paraphrasing) on “thirty something”, currently being repeated daily on More 4. So who did it for you – Hope? Nancy? Melissa? Ellyn? Janey?

4. Sold something on eBay for the first time. And no, it wasn’t my priceless collection of Police badges from the 80s. (Photo to follow)

5. Finished a novel (without pop-up pictures) for the first time in about five years. It was called “Skinny Dip” and came highly recommended by a friend. I thought the ending was crap.

6. – 10. Em… looks like I only did 5 things this week.

4 Comments:

At 1/9/06 5:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of looking like I am back-pedaling, the clothing suggestion was for you to wear around your other blogger friends, not for others to wear around you. Your blog is, of course, the only blog worth reading. I would add other witty comments here, but apparently my wit is not translating too well as of late.

KathY (never "ie")

 
At 2/9/06 1:56 am, Blogger Neil said...

Your wit translates perfectly well my dear Kat - I just mashed the whole thing up so as to appear the victim and thereby induce hot, single and available women to run to my aid and press my fevered brow to their ample bosoms.

 
At 2/9/06 3:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that I blew your cover!

Ladies - he is the victim here.

K

 
At 2/9/06 3:38 am, Blogger Big Ben said...

When you said finished a novel, I was impressed, but you read one not wrote one, maybe next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home