Tuesday, October 30, 2007

400 Up

This is the 400th post on this site so I’m not going to waste it telling you how I have to wait another 8 f#cking months till next June to see the rescheduled Police gig in Manchester... let’s just hope they’re all still alive then.

Instead, let me tell you about an even greater musical event happening next year which I’m obviously going to talk about A LOT nearer the time but it’s only fair to inform you now so you can organise baby-sitters / hair appointments / ‘Ugly Betty’ recording / sat-nav programming / flights / accommodation etc.

On Friday February 8th 2008, The Signals will be playing a “triumphant” homecoming gig at Behind The Wall in Falkirk, a venue steeped in memorable memories and strong continental beer. Entry is free and the band will be squeezing themselves on to the less-than-roomy stage sometime after 9.30pm, having first skived off their respective “proper jobs” to secure a much-needed afternoon nap.

In preparation for all the triumphantness, rumours are rife that the band may be undertaking some “low key”, warm-up gigs in either Edinburgh or Glasgow or both (or neither) before the end of this year. Details are scant at this time but if they become less so (scantless?) I will attempt to leak the news here with a cryptically-worded post followed by several dozen subtle reminders direct to your individual in-boxes.

Meantime you can find more details by clicking here for the band’s myspace page. And when I say “more”, I mean “the same”… which you’ll be able to read again once the myspace geniuses fix the bug on their site.

3 Comments:

At 3/11/07 7:17 am, Blogger Peggy said...

I hope your gig went well.

Congratulations on the 400th entry.

 
At 5/11/07 8:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Soaps, 400 entries - you should be proud of yourself - did it 'Feel Like the First time'?

Great myspace site for the band - could it be updated with more old/recent pics?

 
At 7/11/07 9:30 pm, Blogger Helena said...

YAY! Me and my lighter will be ready! I'll even design myself a tee shirt for the event(s)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home