Friday, January 09, 2009

Something For The Weekend 47

Dear Dave,

Happy New Year!

How are you mate? Gettin’ a bit chirpy and excitable at the prospect of seein’ me in the pub next Friday and givin’ me that New Year.. um.. ‘handshake’? Yeah, me too. It’s been a funny old start to the year in as much as I seem to be in a fairly good mood most of the time – compared to last January’s bitchin’ and moanin’ – but I guess we’ll see how long that lasts once our company is taken over and we all get thrown into the Don’t-Bother-Writin’-A-CV Death Cage and have to do some ultimate fightin’ to see who gets whatever jobs are left over. I’ve bought a new leotard in preparation. A nice purple one.

Culture-wise, I don’t have much to direct your attention to this weekend as I’m currently embroiled in two projects (three if you count the ice-cream eatin’; actually, four if you count my ongoin’ search for all the ‘g’s I seem to be droppin’) which are takin’ up a lot of my time. I’ll tell you more about one of them if you pass this way again on Monday because I’m going (hey, found ‘em!) to be doing a lot of work on it this weekend. Can’t say too much just now other than it involves a brand new blog (in addition to, not instead of, this one – let’s see how long THAT lasts) as well as multiple opportunities to see me in the absolute minimum of clothing… a bit like that heavenly week we spent in Myrtle Beach… but without all the face-stroking. Please?

The second project is music-related but surprisingly, is nothing to do with The Signals, Falkirk’s greatest ever pub rock ‘n roll band.

[Breaking News… STOP… The Signals to play Behind The Wall, Melville Street, Falkirk… STOP… Friday February 27th… STOP… Don’t miss it… STOP… More details to follow… STOP… OUT]

Before I joined The Signals in *cough* 1983, I was honoured to play a small role in the entourage of excess that was the AHB (Allan Hendry Band). We churned out a dozen or so albums in the heady, decadent 1980s, most of which are currently being digitally ‘re-mastered’, and last weekend we had a small reunion and demo session in preparation for our 2009 comeback crusade. If you’d like to view a short video showing what middle-aged men – armed with only a musical dream and access to a dressing-up box – get up to on a Saturday afternoon, please click on all these nice red words that are underlined and then scroll down a bit. You won’t be disappointed.

So that’s all from me just now Dave. Have a very pleasant weekend and looking forward to catching up with you next week.

Cheers, Edge

4 Comments:

At 9/1/09 12:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nnnice.
Ok Huey...I'm gettin' Fun Lovin' Criminals "Beautiful"....smoooooth
Gordy

PS If you didn't get "that" CD I promised you for Chrimbo, I promise I'll get it in post within the week.

 
At 9/1/09 7:26 am, Blogger Neil said...

"IF"?!? You mean you don't know because you've outsourced your CD-burning operation to the Far East and can't keep up with the demand?!? I'm at my wits end here... please expediate my order forthwith.

 
At 9/1/09 8:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple leotard... nicely done

New blog ... excellent, will it be updated anually ?

AHB ... loved the beret, bet Claire Grogan's been looking everywhere

Will try very hard to make the Signals gig but it is the week AFTER half term, consideration ?

xxxx x but you knew it was me anyway

 
At 10/1/09 6:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

neily, how come none of your posts ever start of with "dear, wendi"?!?!?

I'm a little hurt ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home